History

We are both the oldest and the youngest Presbyterian church in Bloomfield, New Jersey. The church building in which we worship was begun in 1797 and served as the home of the First Presbyterian Church of Bloomfield until 1966. In that year, our church family was born when four Bloomfield congregations, including “Old First”, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Park Avenue Presbyterian Church, and Ampere Community Church, merged to form the present Church on the Green. Our congregation is a member of the Newark Presbytery and is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)